Compilation error GAMMA function in module_cu_bmj.F

Installing the WRF Preprocessing System

Compilation error GAMMA function in module_cu_bmj.F

Postby lppezzi » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:01 am

Hello,

I am compiling WRF Version 4.2.2 in a Cray HPC with and old PGI fortran version. The model WRF compilation gives an error in the module_cu_bmj.F at line:

#308 PVPR(K)=(PAVG)**(JPR(K))/GAMMA(JPR(K)+1.) as shown below and at the end of this message

PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, gamma, has not been explicitly declared (module_cu_bmj.f90)

• The compiler does not recognize “GAMMA”. Is it an intrinsic fortran function that my compiler does not have? :?:
• I saw that gamma function is defined in the routine module_cam_mp_cldwat2m_micro.F. Can I use this gamma function, instead of the one from the compiler? :?:

Cheers,
Luciano

----Error messages to the module_cu_bmj.f90 compilation ------------

time ftn -o module_cu_bmj.o -c -O3 -w -Mfree -byteswapio -I../dyn_em -I../dyn_nmm -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/external/esmf_time_f90 -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/main -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/external/io_netcdf -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/external/io_int -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/frame -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/share -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/phys -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/wrftladj -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/chem -I/scratch/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/WRF/inc -I/opt/cray/netcdf-hdf5parallel/4.2.0/pgi/119/include -I/home/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/Build -I/home/luciano.pezzi/COAWST.V3.7/Lib/MCT/pgi/include -r4 -i4 module_cu_bmj.f90
PGF90-S-0038-Symbol, gamma, has not been explicitly declared (module_cu_bmj.f90)
0 inform, 0 warnings, 1 severes, 0 fatal for bmjdrv
Command exited with non-zero status 2
0.19user 0.02system 0:00.29elapsed 73%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 20432maxresident)k
0inputs+0outputs (0major+24429minor)pagefaults 0swaps
make[4]: [module_cu_bmj.o] Error 2 (ignored)
lppezzi

Return to Installation