About using UCM

Topics related to current and future physics in the WRF as well as any problems you may have.

About using UCM

Postby colopolo70 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi, everyone

I did simulate a simple single domain (12hr) with Urban canopy model option.

When I plot the time series of Urban Canopy Wind (UC_URB) or some urban variables,
I got the constant value with respect to time. I thought those variables should not be constant like as a lot of paper.

I have no idea why those variables does not change.
(I already did add 'h' in the Registry.Em file and all steps are followed by 'Coupled WRF/Unified Noah/Urban-Canopy Modeling System)

Is there anyone let me know what's wrong in my case?

THX
colopolo70

Re: About using UCM

Postby saiaswin » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:03 am

hello,
I'm an undergrad student from VIT Vellore, India. I executed the UCM for Florida by obtaining NLCD 1990 data for Florida as a TIFF image from USGS website. I noticed that when I initialized my domain in south eastern Indian coast the UCM parameters where constant on the contrary when I used a smaller domain in Florida's eastern coast I was able to obtain Diurnal temperature variations of urban parameters.
I used IDV to visualize my output. Any head up on how to get output using NCL scripts.
I can attach the output the output I obtained for your further information if you wish.
saiaswin

Return to Physics