Transferring parameters from frame to phys

Topics related to current and future physics in the WRF as well as any problems you may have.

Transferring parameters from frame to phys

Postby PrometeusWillLive » Fri May 08, 2009 3:33 am

Hi,

I need to incorporate some parameters available in frame into phys, such as longitude, month and day. I know that urban model recognizes latitude. Regarding data it is an input of namelist.wps, which activates CALL n1_get_start_year, month, day and so on and it is linked to module_domain.F and module_nesting.F, both in frame directory.

How can I transfer data of date (day, month, etc) into surface driver and Noah? By the way, I have tracked down latitude, from urban and found that it is coupled to noah and surface driver, but I don't find further connexions...can someone help me?

Thanks!
PrometeusWillLive

Re: Transferring parameters from frame to phys

Postby jimmyc » Sun May 10, 2009 2:31 am

Longitude should be available if latitude is. Just follow the same procedure.
Day and month should be available to the CAM radiation scheme, so you can see how they do the reference.
The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA or the National Weather Service or the University of Oklahoma.
James Correia, Jr
jimmyc

Re: Transferring parameters from frame to phys

Postby PrometeusWillLive » Thu May 14, 2009 2:30 am

Dear James,

Thanks for your answer. I observed that the available UCM model does not incorporate julian day or year from Noah Land Surface Model. The model I am working with in needs month and day info.

I am very sorry for the new question, but therefore I should transfer month and day data to Noah. Is this assumption correct?

Thanks,
PrometeusWillLive

Return to Physics