solar constant mod help

Ideas, problems or suggestions regarding the WRF software.

solar constant mod help

Postby PattiMichelle » Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:17 pm

Hello dear WRF users: I'm faced with a difficult problem (for me) and would appreciate any help I can get. I want to modify the Top of Atmosphere solar constant that WRF uses during integration - and I want to mod it for each grid cell for each sweep of the solver. Can anyone give me ideas how to do this? I was digging through the radiation driver code and thought I might be able to do this by modifying the zenith-angle multiplier. There may be a better way. I am not sure which code segment is called for each grid cell, or if all grid cells are computed at the same timestep at the beginning of the solver sweep.

Thanks In Advance for any help/ideas!!!!
Patricia
PattiMichelle

Re: solar constant mod help

Postby JasonWagner » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:03 am

PattiMichelle wrote:Hello dear WRF users: I'm faced with a difficult problem (for me) and would appreciate any help I can get. I want to modify the Top of Atmosphere solar panels constant that WRF uses during integration - and I want to mod it for each grid cell for each sweep of the solver. Can anyone give me ideas how to do this? I was digging through the radiation driver code and thought I might be able to do this by modifying the zenith-angle multiplier. There may be a better way. I am not sure which code segment is called for each grid cell, or if all grid cells are computed at the same timestep at the beginning of the solver sweep.

Thanks In Advance for any help/ideas!!!!

Patricia

hello friend I know thread is bit old but were you able to sort out the issue? I am facing similar problem with my grid cells to please share some information to help me out.. Waiting for reply thanks in advance:)
JasonWagner

Return to Software Engineering