output_ready_flag not working

Any issues with the actual running of the WRF.

output_ready_flag not working

Postby gadelha » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:51 am

Gentlemen,

I´m using WRF 3.6.1 and I´m trying to create wrfoutready files during my simulations, but even though I set output_ready_flag = .true. in my namelist.input, the file is not created. Attached you can find my namelist.input file.

Thanks for your help!
gadelha

Re: output_ready_flag not working

Postby kwthomas » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:47 pm

Strange. I had no problems with it in WRF 3.6.1 and WRF 3.7.1

Any chance you are writing WRF files to a subdirectory? If you did, you'll find the "ready"
file in the main directory, not the subdirectory you've written too. You might set the debug
flag to a large number (I use 9999), so you'll get lots of info on what you do. By the way,
your "namelist.input" file never made it into the post.

Note that in the released WRF 3.8 and WRF 3.8.1, "output_ready_flag" should *NEVER* be
set. You'll probably get a bizarre memory crash.

The official ("wrfhelp") mod. Edit file frame/module_iol_quilt_old.F.

Line:
SUBROUTINE get_nio_tasks_in_group( retval )

becomes:
SUBROUTINE get_nio_tasks_in_group( id, retval )

A few lines below "IMPLICIT NONE" add:
INTEGER, INTENT(IN) :: id
Kevin W. Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
kwthomas

Re: output_ready_flag not working

Postby gadelha » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:57 pm

It´s wierd but my solution was to install versiont 3.8.1. After that I´ve used the same namelist.input and the file was created! :shock: :shock: :shock:

About namelist. input, I simply can´t attach it. I´ve tried to upload .doc, .txt, .pdf, etc but the webpage informs that no one of these extensions are allowed! :shock: :shock: :shock: again!

I did it before see your answer! However, exactly as you said, the program crashed! In fact, it simply stoped without error. I will unset the output_ready_flag or install a previous version! Anyway, thank´s for your help!
gadelha

Return to Runtime Problems