cloud-related output (cloud top temp/height/pressure)

Questions relating to the use of the WRF Post Processor V3

cloud-related output (cloud top temp/height/pressure)

Postby wx87 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Hello,

I'm interested in cloud-related output of wrfpost (cloud top temp, height, pressure) yet when turning on those fields (and any related field), those variables are not created. Is there something I'm missing? Just to see, I even "turned on" every possible option in wrf_cntrl.parm, and still had no luck.

When running WRF, is it possible that fields aren't being created that is needed by wrfpost? Does anyone know which WRF fields are necessary for wrfpost to generate cloud top temp/height/pressure?

Thanks!
wx87

Re: cloud-related output (cloud top temp/height/pressure)

Postby ehsan.e » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:24 pm

Any idea regarding this problem?
Thank you in advance.
ehsan.e

Postby solferme » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:27 pm

Hello,

I am trying to output high, mid and low cloud cover diagnostics from the UPP (V2.1), but it gives an error of the form:
'forrtl: severe (64): input conversion error, unit -5, fine Internal Formatted Read'.

Worth to say is that this happens when I incorporate those diagnostics in the ctrl.param file. Otherwise, it runs without any issues. Here is how I (intended to) add the mid cloud cover diagnostics in the ctrl.param file (same for low and high):

(MID CLOUD FRACTION) SCAL=( 4.0)
L= (11111 11111 11111 11111 11111 11111 11000 00000....)

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Solange
solferme

Postby solferme » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:53 pm

Hi everybody,

apparently, the ctrl.param file is highly sensitive in space the variable name occupies. I just had to add a few spaces respecting the length of the short name, and the cloud cover diagnostics were output.

Regards,
Solange
solferme

Return to WRF Post Processor V3