Compilation Error WRF / NMM core

All things involving the setup (compiling, NetCDF, etc.) of the WRF Model itself.

Compilation Error WRF / NMM core

Postby lexiweb » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:41 am

Hello,

I try to compile WRF v3.9.1.1 with NMM core, but i have an error that i don't understand. At the end, the executables real_nmm.exe and wrf.exe are not created.

The system is an Ubuntu 16.04 and all librairies required are installed correctly. I think this because i don't have error with compilation of WRF with ARW core.

The error is a file not found (HALO_NMM_INT_UP.inc:) during the generation of module_intermediate_nmm.mod. And after this, i get a lot of errors in the log file that i imagine stems form the first error.

Here is an excerpt from the log file of compile nmm_real :

Code: Select all
rm -f module_intermediate_nmm.o
sed -e "s/grid%mu/gridmu/g" -e "s/grid%Mu/gridMu/g" -e "s/^\!.*'.*//" -e "s/^ *\!.*'.*//" module_intermediate_nmm.F > module_intermediate_nmm.G
/lib/cpp -P -nostdinc -I/home/seb/WRF/WRFV3/inc -DEM_CORE=0 -DNMM_CORE=1 -DNMM_MAX_DIM=2600 -DCOAMPS_CORE=0 -DDA_CORE=0 -DEXP_CORE=0 -DIWORDSIZE=4 -DDWORDSIZE=8 -DRWORDSIZE=4 -DLWORDSIZE=4 -DNONSTANDARD_SYSTEM_SUBR  -DWRF_USE_CLM  -DNETCDF -DUSE_ALLOCATABLES -DGRIB1 -DINTIO -DKEEP_INT_AROUND -DLIMIT_ARGS -DCONFIG_BUF_LEN=65536 -DMAX_DOMAINS_F=21 -DMAX_HISTORY=25 -DNMM_NEST=1  -I. -traditional-cpp   module_intermediate_nmm.G  > module_intermediate_nmm.H
0.09user 0.00system 0:00.12elapsed 76%CPU (0avgtext+0avgdata 26108maxresident)k
0imodule_intermediate_nmm.G:241:0: fatal error: HALO_NMM_INT_UP.inc: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
 #include "HALO_NMM_INT_UP.inc"
 ^
compilation terminated.

My researchs on internet about the file halo_nmm_int_up.inc has not giving anything. I don't know how to solve this problem and succeed in compiling WRF with NMM core.

Thanks,
Seb
lexiweb

Re: Compilation Error WRF / NMM core

Postby kwthomas » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:27 pm

Seb...

The file "HALO_NMM_INT_UP.inc" gets created as part of the compile process. Apparently, something earlier in the build errored, so the file wasn't created. Look for errors earlier in the build output file.
Kevin W. Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
kwthomas

Re: Compilation Error WRF / NMM core

Postby lexiweb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:03 am

Hi kwthomas,

Thank you for your help.

I will go to check the log file before the fatal error to see if i find something that might explain why this file "HALO_NMM_INC_UP.inc" is not created.

I will return here after my research.

Thanks again,
Seb
lexiweb

Return to Installation