Compiling WRF 3.9.1

All things involving the setup (compiling, NetCDF, etc.) of the WRF Model itself.

Compiling WRF 3.9.1

Postby Ivana » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:52 am

Hi all,

This new patch for WPS is not working for me: http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wpsv ... b-3.9.html

So, I am trying to install WRF 3.9.1 and WPS 3.9.1 , but I have some problems with libraries:

I installed new netcdf library with fortran, but when I compile WRFV3, I got this error:

libwrflib.a(start_domain_nmm.o): In function `start_domain_nmm_':
/home/wrftest/TEST/WRFV3/dyn_nmm/./start_domain_nmm.f90:2291: undefined reference to `module_physics_init_phy_init_'
libwrflib.a(start_domain_nmm.o): In function `.STATICS1':
start_domain_nmm.f90:(.data+0xd44): undefined reference to `module_physics_init_'
/home/wrftest/TEST/netcdf/lib/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_runtime_error'
/opt/pgi.2016/linux86-64/2016/lib/libpgf90rtl.so: undefined reference to `omp_set_schedule'
/home/wrftest/TEST/netcdf/lib/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_size0'
/home/wrftest/TEST/netcdf/lib/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_internal_unpack'
/home/wrftest/TEST/netcdf/lib/libnetcdff.so: undefined reference to `_gfortran_concat_string'

I am using PGI compiler on Linux.

And as a result I don't have executables at the end.

I will apriciate any help or advice.
Thanks.
Ivana

Re: Compiling WRF 3.9.1

Postby Ivana » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:14 am

I solved this problem.
The problem was that the NetCDF library was compiled with the same compiler but a different version of fortran.
Also, if somebody had a similar problem, please do not forget to set the path to libraries in configure.wrf, especially if you have another version of library and don't know which compiler was used for compiling:

LIB_EXTERNAL = \
                       -L $ (WRF_SRC_ROOT_DIR) / external / io_netcdf -lwrfio_nf -L / path / to / netcdf / lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf

LIB = $ (LIB_BUNDLED) $ (LIB_EXTERNAL) $ (LIB_LOCAL) $ (LIB_WRF_HYDRO) -L / usr / lib64 / -lgfortran

NETCDFPATH = / path / to / netcdf
Ivana

Return to Installation