Running WRF-LES

Introduction to the forum

Running WRF-LES

Postby khyamraj » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:29 pm

Hi,
We can run multiple nests simulation in WRF for the real case and in LES for the idealized case. I want run the WRF-LES for a real case using multiple domains – say 2 coarser domains with WRF and 2 finer domains with LES. I am wondering if I can run WRF simultaneously using outer domain with WRF and inner domain with LES just by editing the namelist.input file. Or should I run them separately – first run WRF for real case to prepare the forcing function (IC and BC) that later the finer LES domain use. If so, what is the method of running WRF in LES mode for real case?

I appreciate your suggestion.
Khyam
khyamraj

Re: Running WRF-LES

Postby zxj160 » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:50 am

Hi Khyam,

Have you solve the issue of running WRF-LES for the real case?

My best regards,
Jian
zxj160

Re: Running WRF-LES

Postby ricardofaria » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:24 am

Hi,

Im trying to run a real WRF-LES, but dont know the procedures. My case is 3 coarser domains with WRF and 2 finer domains with LES.
Already tried:
-run all domains nested in the same simulation, no success!
-run real.exe with 5 domains but only simulate 3 coarser nested domains with WRF, then use ndown.exe with wrfout_d03* as a wrfout_d01* (from WRF simulations) and wrfinput_d04 as wrfndi_d02 (from real.exe), then move the wrfbdy_d02 and wrfinput_d02, from ndown.exe, to wrfbdy_d01 and wrfinput_d01 and run WRF-LES. But it only simulates the new d01 previous d04 and not the d05.

I appreciate any help.

Best regards,
Ricardo Faria
ricardofaria

Return to Welcome to the WRF User's Forum