Forum Organization

Questions, comments, or concerns about the forum go here. We would love to hear your thoughts on the WRF Users forum and anyway you think we might be able to improve it.

Forum Organization

Postby dcvz » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:15 pm

This is a great service to the WRF community. Thanks.

One thing that is annoying is that questions are often placed in the wrong forum. I find that WPS questions can appear almost anywhere. WRF Runtime Problems, SI Installation, WRFVAR Runtime Problems, etc. I suggest that under each major section, the forums be labelled more explicitly. For example, the WRF model section would have 'WRF Installation', WRF Runtime Problems, etc. Also, the SI section should be moved farther down the page. It is being used less and less and probably should appear near the bottom of the page. Finally, it would be helpful if misplaced topics could be moved to the proper forum. I suspect, however, that would be too much work for the moderator.
dcvz

Re: Forum Organization

Postby malonso » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:22 am

Hello,

Thanks very much for the feedback, it is very much appreciated. I agree with you on all counts. Aren't the forums labeled that way already? On my view they are. Please confirm whether or not this is the case. I moved SI to below WPS.

To be honest I do not have as much time to spend on this as I would like and what little time I do have is typically spent just moderating spam and removing duplicate posts. I have just been assuming that people are putting things in the correct locations which is apparently not always the case. If you are willing to help with the moderation I can speak with WRF folks and see if they would approve this. Thank you again for your feedback, my goal has always been to make this a useful a tool as possible.

Cheers,
Matt
malonso
Site Admin

Re: Forum Organization

Postby Oscar van der Velde » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:39 pm

A dedicated section for the WRF Post Processor V3 is missing. It is different from ARWPost so I posted in 'Other', you could rename it.
Weather Photography | Sprites | Convective Weather Maps
http://www.lightningwizard.com
Oscar van der Velde

Return to Forum Feedback