Private messages?

Questions, comments, or concerns about the forum go here. We would love to hear your thoughts on the WRF Users forum and anyway you think we might be able to improve it.

Private messages?

Postby MeteoAdriatic » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:43 am

Hello,

why private messages link/module on this board has dissapeared? I have some important informations in inbox and now can't access it. Please fix that if possible.
MeteoAdriatic

Re: Private messages?

Postby MeteoAdriatic » Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:19 pm

Anybody? :?
MeteoAdriatic

Postby MeteoAdriatic » Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:09 pm

And admins dissapeared too? In one month no fix or at least short explanation? :shock:
MeteoAdriatic

Postby MeteoAdriatic » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Anybody? Two months... :roll:
MeteoAdriatic

Postby jimmyc » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:20 pm

I am new as an admin. I attempted to restore this feature. I don't know if it was successful. Please let me know if you got what you need.
The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA or the National Weather Service or the University of Oklahoma.
James Correia, Jr
jimmyc

Postby MeteoAdriatic » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:31 pm

Yes, finally! Problem is now solved, thank you.
MeteoAdriatic

Postby malonso » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:37 pm

I apologize for the delay in responding to this but this board gets a substantial amount of posts and is moderated on a volunteer basis.

The PM feature was turned off because it was being exploited by spammers and the choice became: leave it on so 6-8 people could use it or turn it off and prevent 1,000s of our members from getting inappropriate spam messages.

If anyone ever has a question, our email addresses are visible - to logged in users - by going to our profile page.

Again, I am terribly sorry for the delay in responding to this but again this is done on a volunteer basis. If anyone would like to make a donation to this forum - which I started and have been running on my own dime for coming up on 7yrs now - we can certainly make that option available.
malonso
Site Admin

Return to Forum Feedback