Help me to run WRF/CHEM!

Any issues with running WRF Chemistry

Help me to run WRF/CHEM!

Postby Venizeat27 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:39 pm

Hi,

I'm wanting to run the WRF / CHEM the first time.

Would you like guidance on the following steps:

1) I run the namelis.wps ... at this stage, I need the link to point to GEOGRID.TBL GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM?

This way:
before = GEOGRID.TBL -> / Models / WRF / WPS / geogrid / GEOGRID.TBL.ARW

after= GEOGRID.TBL -> / Models / WRF / WPS / geogrid / GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM

2) I run the ./Real.exe ... this stage, I must run ./real.exe normally or do I need to change and compile the PREP-CHEM-SRC before?

Remembering that I am only interested to know the amount of aerosols in the atmosphere and is my WRF V3.3 version.

If i need to compile the PREP-CHEM-SRC first, I must enter the
PREP-CHEM-SRC.1x/bin/build/include.mk.gfortran (because my compiler is gfortran) and enter the directory of libs installed on my system

After that, I change the prep_chem_sources.inp and then run the prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM.exe ... is it??

After the prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM.exe to run a, I need to run the convet_emiss.exe?

and then run. / wrf.exe...é that I need to do?
Venizeat27

Re: Help me to run WRF/CHEM!

Postby mahmoodj » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:08 pm

First you have to run WPS
Second you have to run prep-chem
Third you have to run real.exe (without chemistry)
Then run convert.emis
Then run real.exe (with chemistry)
At last run WRF.exe

It's too late for you but at least I hope it helps others who have the same problem...
mahmoodj

Postby Amarachi » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:01 am

Pls i have problem linking GEOGRID.TBL to GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM. I get error saying the geogrib.tbl.arw is not a directory then it goes to damage the geogrid.tbl.arw. thnks
Amarachi

Postby mahmoodj » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:44 am

Amarachi wrote:Pls i have problem linking GEOGRID.TBL to GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM. I get error saying the geogrib.tbl.arw is not a directory then it goes to damage the geogrid.tbl.arw. thnks

I had the same problem and I got it solved! My problem was that when I link the two files the GEOGRID.TBL file was wrecked! Then I chose another way to solve the problem! As you know the GEOGRID.TBL and GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM files are in text format so you can open the GEOGRID.TBL.ARW_CHEM file and copy lines 326 to 350 of it and paste it to GEOGRID.TBL file. The differences of these 2 files are just in lines 326 to 350. Other parts are the same!

I hope it will work for you :)
mahmoodj

Postby Moussa Gueye » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:38 am

Hello everyone,
I try to run WRF-Chem to simulate dust in West African region but the results show very low values of PM10.
It seems that the emissions data are not well included.
Can you help me to solve the problem?

Thank you in advance,

Moussa
Moussa Gueye

Postby ailopezn » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Hi!
Im having the same problem, im trying to follow the Special Tutorial Exercises For Learning to Run WRF-Chem over Southeastern Asia Region. The model appears to run correctly but when i look at the wrfouts the DUSTLOAD variable looks like there are not included any dispersion data.

I don't know if im missing any step to obtain the same wrfouts as the tutorial page.
ailopezn

Return to Runtime Problems