Convert_emiss.exe generating files with no variables

Any issues with running WRF Chemistry

Convert_emiss.exe generating files with no variables

Postby gg365 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:08 pm

Hello all,

I have currently figured out how to set up, compile, and run the prep_chem_sources. However when I am converting my generated emission files, the conversion program takes files that are a megabyte or two large and spits out files that are all consistently 2.5 kB large.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am version 3.9.1.1 wrf and 3.9.1 for the wrf chem. Also, I am using prep chem v5.

I really appreciate your help, thank you!

Also, in the rsl.error.0000 file generated after the running of the conversion program, there is a line that says:

calling wrf_open_for_write_commit in open_w_dataset
Information: NOFILL being set for writing to wrfchemi_gocart_bg_d01

Information: NOFILL being set for writing to wrfchemi_d01

Information: NOFILL being set for writing to wrffirechemi_d01

Which leads me to believe there is just some small change I need to make in order to get this to work.
gg365

Re: Convert_emiss.exe generating files with no variables

Postby HungNguyen » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:13 am

I have the same problem when running WRF vr3.8 and PREP-CHEM-SRC vr1.5.
Anyone have any solution for this problem, please help us!
HungNguyen

Postby gclokimo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:13 am

I also have the same problem when running WRF vr3.9 and PREP-CHEM-SRC vr1.5.
Anyone have any solution for this problem, please help us and give some suggestion of Implementation process!
gclokimo

Postby gclokimo » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:22 am

have the same problem when running WRF vr3.9 and PREP-CHEM-SRC vr1.5.
Anyone have any solution for this problem, please help us and give some Implementation process!
gclokimo

Postby cabot921 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:53 am

Hi,

I believe Convert_emiss.exe is broken for WRF3.7 onwards. Try using WRF3.6, or use another emission preprocessor like anthro_emiss.

Kevin
cabot921

Postby sunbird » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:14 pm

Hi everyone, I am also facing the same issue lately. Although I ran convert_emiss.exe successfully, the output wrfchemi_<domain> file doesn't contain any variable data. I am using WRFV3.9 and PREP_CHEM_SOURCE-1.5. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
sunbird

Postby ozrr » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:18 am

Hello guys,

I recommend using WRF-chem version 3.6 for convert_emiss.exe to make wrfchemi_d01 file successfully.
Thesedays, I'm using both WRF-chem version 3.9.1 and v3.6.0.

Here is the solution ;) .
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First make your own domain and wrfinput_d01 file using WRF-chem version 3.9.1 or something new.

After then, move to WRF-chem v3.6.0 test directory.
Copy or link the wrfinput_d01 file you made, met_em* files and emission files from PREP-CHEM-SRC to WRF-chem version 3.6.0 test directory (WRFV3/test/em_real).

You should make namelist.input for convert_emiss.exe (turn on chemistry options).
Also please check "num_land_cat" option is right for your met_em files.

Make your wrfchemi_d01 file by running convert_emiss.exe in WRF-chem v3.6.0 and you can check that the chemical variables are exist.

After running convert_emiss.exe in WRF-chem v3.6.0, copy the wrfchemi_d01 file to WRF-chem v3.9.1 and move to that directory again.

Now you can start wrf.exe using wrfchemi_d01 file that made from WRF-chem v3.6.0.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I don't know why the convert_emiss.exe does not work well after version 3.7.
Is there someone who know about this problem?
If you have more questions about my case, please send me e-mail ( soho0427@gmail.com ) because I don't check user's forum frequently.

Thanks.
Jiwon
ozrr

Return to Runtime Problems