Installation of prep_chem_src

Posts related to the installation of WRF Chemistry

Installation of prep_chem_src

Postby tomaschor » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:16 am

Hello, I am having a lot of trouble installing prep_chem_src from the emissions guide tutorial and from the readme file.

I always run into this error:

edgar_emissions.f90(636): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file. Check INCLUDE paths. [HDF5]
use hdf5
----^

even though my HDF5 libraries are specified in the mk.opt file.

I am altering the include.mk.intel file, since this is the only intel file (the compiler I am using) that has HDF5 variables definitions (the include.mk.opt.intel file has definitions for HDF4 variables), is that correct?

I am compiling as make OPT=intel CHEM=RACM.

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
tomaschor

Re: Installation of prep_chem_src

Postby nishadh » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:05 pm

The error saying the HDF file include path is not correct, might be the file you are editing is not consider by the make. I think the compilation only takes the file name contains word `opt` and it doesn't matter if it is contain HDF4, change it into HDF5 and try. But make sure the paths mentioned in the file is correct and all the libraries(HDF5,Zlib,NETCDF) are compiled with same compiler.
nishadh

Postby jralisse » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:48 am

Hi - I have a strange problem whilst I try to install prep_chem_src. The installation seems to be OK but when I try to run the .exe I receive the following message

./prep_chem_sources_RADM_WRF_FIM.exe: error while loading shared libraries: libhdf5_fortran.so.9: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have tried several versions of hdf5 and of prep_chem but I always encounter this problem.

I would be glad if someone could help me on this.

Thanks a lot,

JR
jralisse

Postby jest_guitar » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:07 pm

Hello!

I am compiling the prep chem src pack and I got the this message error:

Fatal Error: Can't open module file 'netcdf.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory
make: *** [gocart_background.o] Error 1

I do have the NetCDF library, so I don't know what happen.

Thank you!
Jeff
jest_guitar

Return to Installation