Regriding in R software

Any other graphics packages not listed above.

Regriding in R software

Postby galenso » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:12 am

Dear All,

My name is Cristian Waimann and I am making a working experience in Denmark. Here the most common language that they use is R no only because it is an open source software but also because it good with statistics.
I have a sample WRF outfile that is in Stereographic projection. I want to regrid it in a lat-lon projection so as to have 2 vectors (latitud and longitud) and no 2 matrices (one matrix for lat and the other for lon)

Does somebody have a script with a regriding function available?

Thank you in advance!

Cristian
galenso

Re: Regriding in R software

Postby kindahero » Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:01 pm

I am not familiar with coding in R.

if you can use NCL which does have some regrinding routines you can make use of. Its also easy to export of output data to different formats in NCL so that we can work with other tools.

HTH
kindahero

Postby galenso » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:03 am

Thanks for your answer.
The problem is I have not too much time to learn lot of things (including R). So if I have to learn another language, I will lose a couple of weeks.
I was trying to find solution and finally did it. There is one R.package called Akima. This package has one function call interp() just to interpolate from one grid (could be an irregular one) to a regular one.

Thanks a lot for your answer. Probably in the near future I will learn hot to write scripts in NCL. It seems very nice to make plots.

Cristian
galenso

Postby jorgea » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:09 pm

I am glad that you found a solution
jorgea

Return to Others