validation

Discussions related to the use of ARWPost

validation

Postby anil » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:56 am

I need to validate the ARW model output temperature and dew point for my project as many products are calculated using these.

The actual dry bulb temperature and wetbulb temperatures are based on the readings of the thermometers in Stevenson screen ( height 1.25m -2m).I am using ARWpost and GrADS.

Can I consider the 2m temperature (t2) and 2m dewpoint temp(td2) through GrADS and validate them with actual observations of temperature and dew point obtained through METAR and SYNOPS.
Thanx
Anil
anil

Re: validation

Postby jimmyc » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 am

Yes.

All the observations and modeled quantities are instantaneous quantities, so it should not be a problem. Wind is perhaps a little trickier.
The views expressed in this message do not necessarily reflect those of NOAA or the National Weather Service or the University of Oklahoma.
James Correia, Jr
jimmyc

Postby anil » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:42 am

Jinmmy thanx for the prompt reply , now I can confidently go ahead with the validation.
Anil
anil

Postby geeta » Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:39 am

hi,
I am also integrating WRF -ARW in real time at 25km resolution. I want to compare the model output (say temperature, wind, rainfall) with that of the Station data (SYNOPS).
I need to know how to interpolate the gridded data to the station location

Thanks
geeta

Postby anil » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:10 am

HAY!
How many stations are you going to validate ?
anil

Postby geeta » Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:27 pm

I shall be validating 10 stations for the variables, TT(dry buld), Tx, Tn, wind, Rainfall.
I am running the model at 25km resolution.
How are you extracting the station data from the model grid point data???
I guess "gr2stn" function in grads is for the station data.
It is not workin in my case?
Thanks a lot.
geeta

Postby hyousefi » Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:39 am

hello Jinmmy
i'm new with WRF model, and want to validate the result such as Wind field with our station's values too.
i'm not quit sure how can determine the errors and standard diviation and its limits. i wonder which parameter is beter to use for validation WRF outputs in order to determine Air Dispersion.
may help me?
thanks
hyousefi

Return to ARWPost