Reading radiance 1b data from amsua.bufr.......

Issues with running 3DVAR.

Re: Reading radiance 1b data from amsua.bufr.......

Postby eris » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:45 am

Did anyone ever find a solution for this problem? Does it require switching to another compiler from gfortran?

I'm attempting to assimilate Suomi-NPP ATMS data with WRFDA on a Linux system and I'm also encountering this problem after converting the files. I've attempted byte-swapping with ssrc, adding block markers with cwordsh, and swapping block markers with convert_bufr (a NOAA-generated program), all without success. I've also tried using reblock.exe as recommended in the following solution, but it always segfaults after 3-4 iterations:
http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/wrfda ... adBufr.htm

Thanks,
Amy
eris

Postby eris » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:39 pm

For future reference, I was able to solve this problem. It requires using a combination of two solutions. First, you have to convert the file from big to little endian, which can be done using either of the utilities I mentioned above (ssrc or cwordsh). In addition, before running da_wrfvar.exe, set GFORTRAN_CONVERT_UNIT="little_endian:94-99" (only for gfortran, see my previous link for full explanation). Doing both of these should result in WRFDA being able to read the BUFR radiance file.

For ATMS data, you can either create an ATMS option in the code or just trick it into using the AMSU-A handles.
eris

Postby REMAS2900 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:26 am

bellanchor wrote:Hi, everyone الجن الطاقة الشيطان شركة تنظيف منازل نقل عفش شركة عزل خزانات شركة تنظيف خزانات ابواب وشبابيك شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض تنظيف خزانات مكافحة حشرات نقل اثاث تسليك مجارى تنظيف شقق تنظيف خزانات سوق الكترونى نقل اثاث بالدمام شركات سياحية نقل اثاث بمكة نقل اثاث بجدة نقل اثاث بالمدينة المنورة نقل اثاث بالرياض شركات المبيدات شركة نظافة وعزل خزانات بالرياض الطب البديل
I get a problem.
Today I tried to run WRFDA with Radiance data, and I just followed the User's Guide.
Downloaded two bufr files, converted into little endian, and tried to use them.
But the program da_wrfvar.exe was stuck in the ' Reading radiance 1b data from amsua.bufr ' line for more than one hour, and still, but no error occured. Like this:

*** VARIATIONAL ANALYSIS ***
DYNAMICS OPTION: Eulerian Mass Coordinate
alloc_space_field: domain 1 , 1632696704 bytes allocated
WRF TILE 1 IS 1 IE 159 JS 1 JE 139
WRF NUMBER OF TILES = 1
Set up observations (ob)

Using ASCII format observation input

scan obs ascii
end scan obs ascii
Using NCEP BUFR radiance 1b input

Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n15.SpcCoeff.bin;
SpcCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 7.03 N_CHANNELS=15
amsua_n15 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=30 N_CHANNELS=15
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n16.SpcCoeff.bin;
amsua_n16 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=30 N_CHANNELS=15
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n18.SpcCoeff.bin;
amsua_n18 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=30 N_CHANNELS=15
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n19.SpcCoeff.bin;
amsua_n19 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.05 N_FOVS=30 N_CHANNELS=15
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_metop-a.SpcCoeff.bin;
SpcCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 7.02 N_CHANNELS=15
amsua_metop-a AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.01 N_FOVS=30 N_CHANNELS=15
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n15.SpcCoeff.bin;
SpcCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 7.03 N_CHANNELS=5
amsub_n15 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=90 N_CHANNELS=5
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n16.SpcCoeff.bin;
amsub_n16 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=90 N_CHANNELS=5
Read_SpcCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n17.SpcCoeff.bin;
amsub_n17 AntCorr RELEASE.VERSION: 1.04 N_FOVS=90 N_CHANNELS=5
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n15.TauCoeff.bin;
ODPS RELEASE.VERSION: 2.01 N_LAYERS=100 N_COMPONENTS=2 N_ABSORBERS=1 N_CHANNELS=15 N_COEFFS=21600
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n16.TauCoeff.bin;
ODPS RELEASE.VERSION: 2.01 N_LAYERS=100 N_COMPONENTS=2 N_ABSORBERS=1 N_CHANNELS=15 N_COEFFS=21600
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n18.TauCoeff.bin;
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_n19.TauCoeff.bin;
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsua_metop-a.TauCoeff.bin;
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n15.TauCoeff.bin;
ODPS RELEASE.VERSION: 2.01 N_LAYERS=100 N_COMPONENTS=2 N_ABSORBERS=1 N_CHANNELS=5 N_COEFFS=10300
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n16.TauCoeff.bin;
ODPS RELEASE.VERSION: 2.01 N_LAYERS=100 N_COMPONENTS=2 N_ABSORBERS=1 N_CHANNELS=5 N_COEFFS=10300
Read_ODPS_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/amsub_n17.TauCoeff.bin;
CloudCoeff_ReadFile(Binary)(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/CloudCoeff.bin;
CloudCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 3.04 N_FREQUENCIES(MW)= 31 N_FREQUENCIES(IR)= 61 N_RADII(MW)=10 N_RADII(IR)=10 N_TEMPERATURES= 5 N_DENSITIES= 3 N_LEGENDRE_TERMS=38 N_PHASE_ELEMENTS= 1
AerosolCoeff_ReadFile(Binary)(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/AerosolCoeff.bin;
AerosolCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 3.04 N_WAVELENGTHS= 61 N_RADII= 36 N_TYPES= 8 N_RH= 36 N_LEGENDRE_TERMS=37 N_PHASE_ELEMENTS= 1
Read_EmisCoeff_Binary(INFORMATION) : FILE: crtm_coeffs/EmisCoeff.bin;
EmisCoeff RELEASE.VERSION: 2.01 N_ANGLES= 67 N_FREQUENCIES= 153 N_WIND_SPEEDS= 23
Reading radiance 1b data from amsua.bufr

I don't know what the meaning of this is.
Anyone could give me a hand?
Thanks!

Best regards!

I just took a look at the User's Guide of WRFV3.1, it mentioned the cwordsh utility.
And in the WRFV3.3, the Guide uses ssrc instead.
So I'm thinking one of these two utilities is enough.
But neither works well.
REMAS2900

Postby kristen » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:33 am

eris wrote:For future reference, I was able to solve this problem. It requires using a combination of two solutions. First, you have to convert the file from big to little endian, which can be done using either of the utilities I mentioned above (ssrc or cwordsh). In addition, before running da_wrfvar.exe, set GFORTRAN_CONVERT_UNIT="little_endian:94-99" (only for gfortran, see my previous link for full explanation). Doing both of these should result in WRFDA being able to read the BUFR radiance file.

For ATMS data, you can either create an ATMS option in the code or just trick it into using the AMSU-A handles.

Hi,eris
I want to use ATMS data in the BUFR files,but I did not know where to retrieve,would you tell me how to access the data?
Thanks,
kristen
kristen

Previous

Return to Runtime Problems