I'm trying to do a cycled run every 6 hours based on fresh GFS data with my own weather station network data assimilated, using the +6h forecast restart file from the previous run. The problem is, that in the first few hours a lot of false precipitation appears near the domains boundaries.
The process is the following:
1. I have a wrfinput_YYYY_MM_DD_HH:ii:ss warm-restart file from the previous run.
2. I download the new GFS data, run ungrib, metgrid and real.exe on it.
3. I run da_update_bc.exe with cycling=.true. and low_bdy_only=.true. (da_file and wrf_input is symlinked to the previously created wrfinput_YYYY_MM_DD_HH:ii:ss restart file).
4. I run the da_wrfvar.exe to assimilate my stations' observations (wrf_input is linked to the restart file).
5. I run da_update_bc.exe with cycling=.true. and update_lateral_bdy=.true. (da_file=wrfvar_output, wrf_input is still the wrfinput_YYYY_MM_DD_HH:ii:ss restart file).
6. Use wrfvar_output as wrfinput and start wrf.exe.
What did I misunderstood?