Ingesting CCSM data into WPS

Dataset specific topics involving WPS.

Re: Ingesting CCSM data into WPS

Postby shortwavetrough » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 pm

I have created a few scripts (bash, NCL) that ingest CCSM4 NetCDF files and write necessary fields to GRIB, followed by the normal WPS process. If there is interest, I can make the scripts and some documentation available on GitHub.
shortwavetrough

Postby daydreamer » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi shortwavetrough,

I was trying to ingest cesm1 netcdf files to WPS, could you please sent me the scripts or tell me the Github address to follow your work. Thank you very much.

Jianfei
shortwavetrough wrote:I have created a few scripts (bash, NCL) that ingest CCSM4 NetCDF files and write necessary fields to GRIB, followed by the normal WPS process. If there is interest, I can make the scripts and some documentation available on GitHub.
daydreamer

Postby shortwavetrough » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:56 pm

Hello,

I have added the program to GitHub here, http://bit.ly/1uwlBMc. Please follow the documentation provided in the README.

Cheers.
shortwavetrough

Postby saber0818 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:28 am

scapps wrote:Yes, I did make major changes to the CAM2WRF code (basically, a rewrite) and I updated to fortran90 interfacing with the NetCDF nf90* routines. I have only ingested CCSM3 output. Soon, I will try CESM, I think.

Hi Scott,

I'm trying to ingest CESM 1.2.2/CAM5 output into WRF3.8.1. Could you share your CAM2WRF code? Or could you give me the link to CAM2WRF util ? This link http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/utilities/util.htm
doesn't work any more.

Thank you very much!

Qingyun
saber0818

Postby saber0818 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:47 am

shortwavetrough wrote:I have created a few scripts (bash, NCL) that ingest CCSM4 NetCDF files and write necessary fields to GRIB, followed by the normal WPS process. If there is interest, I can make the scripts and some documentation available on GitHub.

Hi shortwavetrough,
I 'm trying to ingest CAM5 netcdf files using your script. all are good but the CAM_netcdf_to_GRIB_tmpl.ncl. When I running it, some warning and error messages showed as followed,
--------------------------------------
^Mwarning:Right hand side has no coordinate variable can not delete coordinate variable of a file, use (/ .. /) to avoid this message
^Mwarning:Right hand side has no coordinate variable can not delete coordinate variable of a file, use (/ .. /) to avoid this message
^Mwarning:["Execute.c":8575]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 487 in file CAM_netcdf_to_GRIB.ncl

^Mwarning:FileReadVarAtt: _FillValue attribute type differs from variable (lat) type in file (CAM_2003110100), forcing type conversion; may result in overflow and/or loss of precision
^Mwarning:FileReadVarAtt: _FillValue attribute type differs from variable (lon) type in file (CAM_2003110100), forcing type conversion; may result in overflow and/or loss of precision
--------------------------------------

Have you met these before? Thank you very much!!
Best,
Qingyun
saber0818

Postby saber0818 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:30 pm

Hi shortwavetrough,

I want to say thank you very much! I have ingested CESM output into WPS succesfully based on your scripts!
Your scripts are very clear and easy to understood. Good job!
Best,

Qingyun
saber0818

Previous

Return to Working with Various Datasets