Domain Selection/Executable problem - Repost from old forum

Having problems running WRFSI?

Domain Selection/Executable problem - Repost from old forum

Postby malonso » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:40 am

List,

I've gotten the SI to build, but when I attempt to open the default domain (learning curve) I get a pop-up window with error information of:

Error with map background executable command:
/usr/local/wrf/wrfsi/gui/bin/gen_map_bkgnd.exe

then a huge string of numbers, that looks like coordinates

/usr/local/wrf/wrfsi/gui/data/maps/US_States.bcd/tmp/vector_instructions.tk/tmp/setsup.dat

Possible `Exec format error'.

Clear will be invoked!

The image preview map pops up in the window, and has a box drawn with the grids and lat coordinates down the center, top to bottom. From that point, all I can do is hit the "OK" button, and it clears the map.

Running the SI on a dual 64-bit Xeon machine (I know there was a note about it not working on dual processor machines somewhere) but since it built and tries to run, can someone give me a hint about what's happening? Also, in the Domain Selection mode, if I try to create a new domain, I can enter text, but once done, there is nothing I see to tell it to continue or whatever happens next. I wanted to experiment with the default domain to get the feel for what is expected.

Any pointers ?

Sam
malonso
Site Admin

Re: Domain Selection/Executable problem - Repost from old forum

Postby kwthomas » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:41 am

"Exec format error" (ENOEXEC) means that a file with the execute bits set (mode 700, mode 755) was executed, however, it wasn't a shell script nor a valid executable.

Check your WRFSI build for errors. I suspect something didn't build properly.

Kevin Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
Norman, Oklahoma
Kevin W. Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
kwthomas

Return to Runtime Problems