Compile error - Repost from old forum

Setting up the SI part of the WRF.

Compile error - Repost from old forum

Postby malonso » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 am

I am a new user of WRF model and very recently started working with this model. I have compiled the WRF model without any big trouble in IA64 Itinium based linux server, but during the compilation of WRFSI...i am facing some problem. I have changed the makefile.inc in the wrfsi/src/include directory as according to our machine....but during compilation all the modules have been compiled successfully (i.e the .exe files of other modules has been created in /bin) except the vinterp (vertical interpolation) module.

during compilation the error is comming like this

PROGRAM VINTERP
*Compiler Internal Error* : Please report to Intel Corporation
abort from VINTERP

In /vinterp all modules used in vinterp.F has been created and all .o files has also been created. I am not able to understand what could be the reason for this type of error. I have tried to compile the vinterp.F separately using the makefile and all .mod file used in /vinterp....by changing the option for compiler.

I am using efc intel compiler. Please help me in this regards

Regards
Sanjib
malonso
Site Admin

Re: Compile error - Repost from old forum

Postby kwthomas » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 am

Internal compiler error messages usually mean that one part of the compile process faulted with possibly a core dump. Try compiling with a lower optimization level and see what happens.

Kevin Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
Norman, Oklahoma
Kevin W. Thomas
Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms
University of Oklahoma
kwthomas

Return to Installation