tslist time step

Any problems/questions that might not fall into the other topics in this category.

tslist time step

Postby Ramchandra » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:45 am

Dear WRF users,
I am running wrf in 25 5 1km nesting with also the output text file in time series using tslist. I could get the output after the setup in tslist but the output time step is in every time_step (as defined in namelist.input file) which is too frequent for my application. What i am interested here is to get the output time series in user defined time interval(1hour, 2hour interval)? is there any way to do this? I look forward for the kind response from users.
regards
Ramchandra
Ramchandra

Re: tslist time step

Postby brian.blaylock » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:12 pm

I've had the same question. Not too familiar with altering the WRF code itself, but the quickest way I deal with this is in post processing: only grab the line in the TS file from the time stamps you want.

Alternatively, you can use the auxhist option and output the variables I want at higher temperal resolution. Of course, this would take a lot more memory to output the variable for the entire domain. http://www2.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/docs ... timeseries
brian.blaylock

Re: tslist time step

Postby tanksnr » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:54 am

I would like to revive this thread.

The timeseries output option is a great addition, however writing every model timestep is incredibly inconvenient considering it was meant to alleviate the need for post-processing. The filesize is also an issue if you're running a long simulation.

From what I can see in the WRF3.8 user guide there isn't any indication that you could control the writing to ts output.

This seems to have been an issue a while back as well.
http://forum.wrfforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=6015

Anyone with some ideas?
tanksnr

Return to Miscellaneous