Real Topography in EM_LES

Anything related to the idealized simulations in WRF.

Real Topography in EM_LES

Postby Ombra » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:45 am

Hi everyone,
this is my first post, I hope I will not violate any rules and I also hope that the question was not already
answered, I found something similar but that was not totally solving my problem.

I am using the ideal case em_les to study influence of topography. I want to use a idealized topography, like a classic with of Agnesi (and this is not the problem) but I would also like to use a more realistic topography of the mountains I am studying. So I am wondering if it's possible (and how to do that) to specify to the wrf to get the topography from a .txt, .dat, ... (whatever) file and use it. Of course I assume it's easier to give the wrf a file that is already ready for the grid domain but this is not a problem.

I hope my question is clear!

Federico
Ombra

Re: Real Topography in EM_LES

Postby Ombra » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:37 am

If someone is wondering about the solution I found it, just comment on that I will be glad to share that with you!
Ombra

Postby rpalomaki » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi Federico, I am also interested in running simulations like this. Were there any online resources or tutorials that you were able to find that helped you run WRF using your customized topography?

Thanks,
Ross
rpalomaki

Postby Ombra » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:46 am

rpalomaki wrote:Hi Federico, I am also interested in running simulations like this. Were there any online resources or tutorials that you were able to find that helped you run WRF using your customized topography?

Thanks,
Ross

Hi Ross, no I didn't find anything around but I solved myself, I will write you a private message so that I can share with you my knowledge if you have not yet solved it.
Sorry for the delay but this forum is not mailing any notifications if you got answered in a topic!

Federico
Ombra

Postby jhenao » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello Federico, I am interested in the method you used to drive the ideal case with real topography too.
Thanks for the help,
Juan
jhenao

Return to Idealized Simulations