Mozbc can only set boundary conditions for domain 1

Discuss the nesting capability within the model itself and any problems you might have run into.

Mozbc can only set boundary conditions for domain 1

Postby jromeroalvarez » Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Hello everybody,

I am running a one nested simulation and I am having problems creating the boundary and lateral conditions using mozbc. I am using the concurrent 1-way nesting method which produces a wrfinput file per each domain (wrfinput_d01 and wrfinput_d02) but only one wrfbdy file (wrfbdy_d01). The problem arises when running mozbc which needs wrfinput and wrfbdy files for each domain.
I did try to run mozbc without providing the wrfbdy for domain 2 (wrfbdy_d02) but I have the message: main_bc_wrfchem: can only set boundary conditions for domain 1 and main_bc_wrfchem will set initial condition in wrfinput_d02; and very unrealistically low mixing ratios of CO after running wrf.exe.

So, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with this issue and know how to run a concurrent nested simulation using mozbc? And what are the difference between one-way nesting using ndown and the concurrent method.

Thanks for your help,

Johana Romero
jromeroalvarez

Re: Mozbc can only set boundary conditions for domain 1

Postby easy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:37 am

Hi Romero,

I also found mozbc can only execute for one domain. If I want to set initial condition for domain 2, I need to rerun mozbc and change domain option to 2. Did you find solution to do them just running mozbc once.

Do you also find the difference with one-way nest concurrent with ndown?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best,
easy
easy

Return to Nesting